Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Movies, TV Shows, and Books

One thing that I thought was silly when preparing for my Semester at Sea voyage was people advised me to bring movies along with me on an external hard drive. I though that this seemed ridiculous because you're traveling the world, and then having class the remainder of the time. When would I have time to watch movies?!

Surprisingly enough, for me at least, there is some free time. You can utilize your free time with the many clubs on the ship, or working out, but many people like to trade movies. Even the crew will trade movies and TV Shows with you. One of my professors actually brought the entire show of Friday Night Lights (I'm totally not kidding). She's really into it now.

It is nice to have something to wind down to while you're on the ship. It is also nice if you decide to chill at night while in port, because the ship is often deserted then. I actually bought the entire Harry Potter series when we docked in Ireland because I have such a huge book obsession (I also bought other books then too). But I just assumed that I would read these books when we got back to the U.S., but I like to read now at night to calm down after a class, meeting, and homework full day. Books also come in handy when you're laying out in the sun on the seventh deck.

Therefore, bring an external hard drive with some movies and TV shows to share with people. Try to pack some books (if you can afford the room) as well. You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment