Saturday, December 14, 2013

Alumni Ball

    Last night was the Alumni Ball. It is held at the end of every voyage on the evening of the B Day finals. It is a celebration for all of the people on the ship because they become alumni of Semester at Sea at that point. Before the ball, we received our diplomas on our door, which meant that our voyage really had ended. It was amazing to hold a paper in my hand to represent what I did in four months. There is no possible way that one piece of paper could EVER represent the past four months of my life. I digress...
    Our ball was themed "The Great Gatsby," so many girls dressed up to the era with headbands, sequins, and feathers. There were two seatings to the ball. The first was at 5:30 and the second was at 8:30 in the 5th deck dining hall. The dining hall is decorated like it is for fine dining, but there were special table runners to go along with the ball theme. I chose to eat during the second seating, that way I would not be rushed out after finishing eating. We had to sign up for which seating we wanted, what table we wanted, and what we wanted to eat before we got to Cuba so that the crew could prepare for the event. I had bruscetta as an appetizer, creme of broccoli soup, caesar salad, beef tenderloin, and my first baked Alaska, which was very delicious. It was so nice to dine with my shipmates all dolled up as a last "who-rah" at the end of the voyage. Everyone was taking pictures together, and I even took picture with my favorite waiters, because they really helped me through the voyage.






No comments:

Post a Comment