Sunday, August 11, 2013

Last Minute Details

I only have ten days left, 10. That is less than two weeks! I simply cannot wrap my head around the fact that this is actually happening. I have been planning my Semester at Sea voyage for a year and a half now, and the whole time I was told that it could never happen. Because of this, I simply cannot believe that it is happening! I have spent the last two months nonstop planning for this voyage, and now it is less than two weeks away! It still has not hit me that in less than two weeks, I will not see my friends and family for four months....FOUR MONTHS! That is crazy! The longest I have ever been away from home is 16 days when I went to Europe, but that does not even compare to what I am about to experience.

 I do not think that the reality of the experience I am about to take will hit me until I go through security at the airport. Although I have planned without resting for this trip, it has not hit me that it will actually happen. But for the time being, I have to complete last minute details.


  • Inform my banks of my travels -- done
  • Buy all necessities for my trip -- done
  • Inform all friends and family members of my email account and port addresses -- incomplete
  • Receive my passport from Travisa -- incomplete
  • Make copies of all important documents -- incomplete
  • Make a list of all important phone numbers (bank, credit/debit cards, etc..) -- incomplete
  • Packing -- incomplete 

No comments:

Post a Comment