Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Field Programs!

Three weeks from today I will be on an adventure of a lifetime. In order to ensure that I will enjoy every second of it, I have tried to plan something for each port-of-call on my itinerary. Unlike some of the voyagers, I am not planning every single day out. However, I want to make sure that I am familiar with each country, and have at least one thing planned for each so that my time is not wasted there. Many of the countries that I am traveling to, I may not ever get the opportunity to travel to again. I want to ensure that I do not miss out on anything! I have looked at travel books, as well as googled great trips to do in certain countries. This is what I have signed up for so far:

London, England
  • I'm planning on buying an express ticket for the London Eye upon arrival 8/22 or 8/23
  • Stonehenge morning tour (Premium Tours) 8/23
St. Petersburg, Russia
  • Walking tour of St. Petersburg and Hermitage Museum (SAS) 8/29
  • Whites Night Canal Cruise (SAS) 8/29 
  • I'm planning on taking a night train to Moscow 8/30-8/31
Hamburg, Germany
Antwerp, Belgium
  • I'm planning on buying a train ticket for Amsterdam 9/13 and then a train ticket to Brussels 9/14
Le Havre, France
Dublin, Ireland
  • Galway Day: Land and Sea (SAS) 9/22
  • I'm planning on taking a trip to Blarney Castle 9/23
Lisbon, Portugal
  • Alfama Alley Team Scavenger Hunt (SAS) 9/28
Cadiz, Spain
  • Gibraltar: A Day on the Rock (SAS) 10/1
Casablanca, Morocco
  • Evening with a Moroccan Family (SAS) 10/5
Accra, Ghana
  • Service: Morning Star School (SAS) 10/17
Cape Town, South Africa
  • Township Homestay--Group A (SAS) 10/26
  • I'm also planning on doing an overnight elephant safari 10/28 and shark cage diving 10/29
Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Fiesta Guacha (SAS) 11/14
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Prainha Beach (w/ snorkel) (SAS) 11/21
  • Amazon Riverboat Express (SAS) 11/22-11/25
Havana, Cuba
  • SAS is not posting the field programs for this port until we embark. I have found several excursions outside of SAS if they do not post anything I like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment