Monday, July 15, 2013

Tick Tock...The Countdown...

It is starting to really sink in. I leave for London in 37 days. I keep talking about how excited I am to everyone I come across, but the low number of 37 days, slightly more than a month, is really starting to sink in to my loved ones. It has not occurred to me until now that i will be gone for four months...that is a third of a year, sixteen weeks, one hundred nineteen days...That is an incredibly long duration to be away from those who care for you most. Not only will I not see them, but our correspondences are limited to emails; a few lines here and there saying that I am okay and all is well. I was simple ignorant to the fact that people are generally very concerned about me being gone.

How is everyone coping? --differently.
My mom is the most distressed. She is scared that I will be away for so long and so far away. Being away at college in America is extremely different than being away at college at the sea, around the world. I will have limited communication, no weekends off, as well as no holidays off. But fear not, I'll have my Turkey Day at sea! I am not sure how to comfort her, and I feel guilty for being so excited.

My boyfriend is coping by trying to stay focused on staying busy and working while I am gone. Him and my mom have it tough, especially worrying about me with many independent trips I want to do. I am a thrill seeker, the last thing they want is for me to die while away...

My best friends are thrilled for me. They are so excited, but so sad I cannot see them. They cannot be happier for me, so they want to see me as much as they can before I leave--perfect support that I need!

So 37 days... it may seem like a lifetime, but with all that I still have to do, it is not enough time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment