Thursday, July 4, 2013

Cuba, Here I Come!

I grew up watching I Love Lucy. I observed the comedic dynamics between and American and  Cuban. Although this television show was created and aired many decades before I was born, I still very much enjoyed the culture that Ricky exhibited every episode about Cuba. Whenever I asked my parents about Cuba, they could tell me very little about this mystery country. As I grew older, I found out that I could never visit this country. In addition, I learned in my American history classes about the Cuban Missile Crisis during JFK's presidential term. I learned that things are not as simple as when you are a child, and you really cannot go everywhere you want in the world. But now, all of this has changed!!!
I WILL BE GOING TO HAVANA, CUBA!!! I will be traveling to the birthplace of an actor who I watched throughout my childhood. I have to thank Semester at Sea for working with Cuba and the United States to establish a partnership. How many people from the United States can say they traveled to Cuba??? Few to none! This is truly going to be an experience of a lifetime! Five more months until a childhood dream comes true!

No comments:

Post a Comment